I liked my first Sorbetto so much that I decided to make another one. I adapted the pattern a little bit to make it a bit longer (I think I added 2 inches) as the last one was a little shorter than I wanted. I really enjoyed sewing it as it’s really easy, super quick, and I rather enjoy putting on a bit of bias binding.
Once I’d finished the hem and given it a press I was very excited to try it. However when I did I was somewhat underwhelmed. I like the pattern of the fabric but I’m not sure that I like it as a top. I think it might be better as a cushion. I used the scraps to make another cover for my home made draft excluder and it looked really nice (I’d put up a picture of that up but the bunnies got to it and tore some little holes in it before I could take a picture- they are very naughty).
I also think it’s a little bit too big. It’s the same pattern I used for the last top so I’m not quite sure how it could be bigger. It might be the fabric, although I’m not sure how that would work. Or maybe it’s the extra length…..
I’m going to put it in the wardrobe and see if it grows on me in a few weeks.