I’ve been making a bigger version of my Bridgewater by Jared Flood with 4ply wool and 4mm needles. It’s going to be a nice cozy Bridgewater blanket. However for some reason when I was buying the wool I totally forgot that as it is bigger than the original version it was also going to need more wool…. I also realised that with it being Christmas eve today my lovely plan for lots of Christmas Knitting was going to be scuppered if I didn’t get some more wool today.
I’m making the blanket out of Drop Alpaca (fast becoming my favourite wool as it is really cheap, great to knit with and feels lovely to wear). A few weeks ago a friend at my knitting group gave me the rather splendid news that there is a stockist for Drops in London. It’s called Nest and it is in Crouch End. Today seemed like a great day to go and have a look around and hopefully sort out my wool based emergency!
I was really pleased with what I found at the shop. I really liked the following:
- The shop is about 20 minutes cycle from my house which was good as it shut at 3:00 today and I didn’t leave my house until half 2!
- There are bike racks right outside making it super easy to lock up my bike.
- The staff were really friendly and kept the shop open for a couple more minutes so I could buy my wool.
- They take cards (I never have any cash on me)
- Somehow they had the exact dye lot I needed (while this isn’t something they will have done on purpose it still made me like them more).
- They sell Drops! Alpaca at £2.90 a ball! You can’t get much better than that!
- They’ve got lots of lovely stock and a big open shop.
- It was really easy to find.
- There’s a yoga studio right over the road which I’ve never heard of before and am now looking forward to checking out.
All in all I was very impressed and I’m looking forward to having a proper explore around the shop when I have a little more time.